Tuesday 1 February 2011

Equipment used for my portraits

I have chosen the subject of portraits for my second set of images and have produced a set of images with the theme on street performers. I have captured a lot of images from various locations in and around the UK. One of my latest visits was to Whitby Gothic festival which is a twice yearly festival where Goths and other people come fom all over the country congrigate and dress dresss up for the day in the costumes of their choice

For any budding portrait photographer this is absolute must where you can gain a variety of experience of this type of photography


Shown below is the equipment that I used for the weekend

Cameras

Canon 7D DSLR 









Lenses :


Canon 70-210 F4 zoom lens
Canon 18-55 Wide angle zoom lens


Other Equipment

Velbon tripod
Compact Flash memory cards
Phototoshop CS3 software for image manipulation
Desktop pc and Sony laptop for image manipulation and downloading images



The majority of my images were captured with my Canon70-200 F4 zoom lens. I used this particular lens as I wanted to move in close to my subjects for some really good head and shoulder shots.


Using an F stop of F4 allowed me to create a really shallow depth of field which created a really nice blurred background behind my subject which isolated the subject from it's background


In comparison I would have preferred to use a faster lens with an aperture of 2.8. Using a lens this fast would have allowed me to to generate an even greater blurred background which makes your subject stand out even more from your background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment